Putting your college education to good use and finding employment are the first steps towards financial independence. These resources offer assistance from salary negotiation to how to manage your school loans.
Schedule a Financial Counseling Appointment
Did you know you could schedule a one-on-one appointment with the Financial Aid Wellness Center even after you graduate? Did you know the Pitt’s Financial Aid Wellness Center offers GradReady, a free online personal finance resource that will help you build real-life-ready financial skills. Signing up is easy!
- Visit the GradReady webpage
- Register as a “Student”
- Enter your name, email, and create a password
- Select Pennsylvania and the University of Pittsburgh
- Enjoy access to financial tools that students at over 800 schools countrywide use.
Financial Wellness Resources
- Pitt Office of Admissions and Financial Aid Wellness Resources
- Pitt Student Emergency Assistance Fund
- Federal CARES Act Funding
- Coronavirus and Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents
- Repayment Calculators and Interest Rates
- Consolidating Your Loans
- Loan Forgiveness, Cancellation, or Discharge
- Rehabilitate Your Loans
- Understand Your Loan Repayment Options
- AAUW’s Work Smart and Start Smart: Salary Negotiation online course
- Investopedia: 5 Financial Mistakes New Graduates Must Avoid